Saturday, August 1, 2020

Really HOT!


We've had some really hot (118º on July 30) weather for July with no rain for us.
Phoenix Sky Harbor (where the 'official' Phoenix weather is recorded) did have a nice downpour
one evening but we didn't get a drop. We could see rain all around us though.
Rainbow but no rain for us

We continue to stay home mostly with the exceptions of going to the doctor or chiropractor and then stopping at the store afterwards for necessary supplies.

On the 18th I had an hour Zoom meeting with my cousins that I hadn't seen since 2011 when we all met in Tucson for a few days. It was fun catching up with them!

The 22nd I woke up to a flooded kitchen, finding our 18 month old Moen faucet had failed. I called Moen but because of COVID, they were only taking “appointments” for phone calls. I made one for the next day, got up early to be sure to catch the call only it never happened! Since we live in a MH we have very limited space and just could not wait so we went to Lowe's and bought another Moen faucet, upgrading to a higher arc as the other one was too low. Thankfully Larry is good at repairing things and put the new one in. It didn't take long for the false floor boards to dry out in 110º heat so he was able to put them back in. I wrote to Moen (we decided to stay with them as they are the only ones made in the USA) and expressed my dissatisfaction and a few days later they wrote back and sent me a replacement of the upgraded faucet! That really surprised me as it was $50 more than the failed one! Now all we have to do is return the replacement to Lowe's with our receipt.
How great is that?
Water damage under the kitchen sink

New higher arc kitchen faucet

July 31 we had a combined birthday party for Bethany and Krista getting take out from Olive Garden. After dark we swam about an hour and Iliana loved it and really kicked her feet while her daddy held her. She just laughed and laughed. It was also the first time I actually did some swimming. The outside temperature was 102º so the pool felt great. We also played a game much of the night called “How well do you know me” where we really learned a lot about each other. We ended at midnight after a really nice evening.

Bethany's birthday 'pie'

Larry in the pool

Another shot of the pool

No comments: